Nintendo Direct: Shulk reveal trailer for Smash Bros. Amiibos pricing preorder now available, New Wii U bundles, and Redesigned NEW 3DS and 3DS LL!
Nintendo Direct 08/29/14
Shulk reveal trailer in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.
- Shulk revealed in Super Smash Bros. 4
- Bravely Second
- Final Fantasy Explorers
- One Piece: Super Grand Battle X
- Amiibos are now available for pre-order by visiting this link on Amazon.com, costing $13 each makes it cheaper than Skylanders and Disney Infinity, and they do more. First lineup of 12 looks good.
- In Mid September, Nintendo will be releasing a new Wii U bundle, which for $300, includes Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land.
- Also for $300, though only through Wal-Mart, will be a Wii U bundle that includes Mario Kart 8 and Nintendo Land.
- Early October will see a $130 for a 2DS with Mario Kart 7 bundle.
- Bayonetta 2 now has a release date: October 24th is perfect (just one month after Hyrule Warriors).
- The New 3DS and New 3DS LL (XL here in the states) has the NFC tech built in, are both well priced, includes a C-Stick (GameCube style), has color face buttons (SNES style), four shoulder buttons (ZL and ZR are the new ones added in), has more power overall power than the current 3DS models, has wider 3D viewing angles, the ability to swap face and back plates, can send and receive files wirelessly with a PC (using a Micro SD card as its new memory unit), and some 3DS games will only be available for it, such as Xenoblade Chronicles.
- The NEW 3DS and NEW 3DS LL come out in Japan on October 11th, for 16,000 and 18,800 yen (respectively).
If someone doesn’t have a 3DS, one of these is certainly the one to buy. If someone already has an existing model and wants to upgrade, the difference in value you get seems to be worth it, but for most people, will ultimately depend on just how much of Nintendo’s new software becomes only available for the new unit. What do you think of all this news!?